Tara on Tour

Tara is the female Buddha of compassion and wisdom. This is a webdiary of a journey inspired by Tara....

Name:
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Australia


Tara on Tour

The first of the Taras to travel abroad leaves with my stepfather and mother for Australia next week.

Having reached an unbearable point of tension as a result of the conflict between what I'd set out to do and what I am currently capable of doing myself, there was a sudden breakthrough moment.... when I realised "I wasn't just me". That the seemingly separate "I" committed to this Peace Pilgrimage wasn't a separate entity at all. At the level of Tara herself, there are many beings who are part of this work and it doesn't matter who takes the Tara blessing around the world... the more the merrier, in fact. Especially as the connection each person has with Tara on a personal level is strengthened by their willingness to act in this way: and that means her blessing is spreading in more ways than I envisaged in the first place.

Allan is giving a lecture at a medical conference in Sydney. He will be talking about the research he has been doing for 30 years, looking at the tangible benefits of Vitamin B thiamine when given to patients with chronic alcohol problems: that long-term brain damage can be prevented is this vitamin is administered in time. I am hoping he will write a short piece himself for the blog when he comes back...

The Tara he is taking is the 6th one: Increasing Activities. This is a Tara of enrichment, who increases intelligence, eloquence, knowledge, success, wealth, etc.

My mother is going too, and she will look after this Tara - and Allan! - while she is there. I have a strong wish to give my mother one of the Taras, one that she will have responsibility for and a strong connection with - but that is one is yet to manifest....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home